Why Should Warehouses Use T8 Lighting?
The type of lighting used in commercial warehouses is highly critical because it affects so many different operations components. It’s not just a matter of “lights on” or “lights off”, especially when you take into account the amount of energy that commercial buildings consume each year. Electric lighting devours almost 40% of all the energy consumed by industry.
The various lighting specifications in a warehouse building – energy source, lamp quantity, installation method, bulb type, and frequency of usage – collectively determine the overall quality of lighting in the space. Thus, when all of those factors are taken into consideration, commercial businesses stand to benefit in the following ways:
- Cost Cutting
- Energy Efficiency
- Increased Safety
- Maximized Productivity
In order for tenants to reap the most reward from their Ruthvens warehouse, our facilities operate under a high-performance T8 fluorescent lighting system. If you’re not familiar with the difference kinds of fluorescents, or why T8 bulbs are the best, here’s what you need to know:
- T8 fluorescent lights are commonly used for commercial purposes as opposed to residential.
- The name T8 refers to the diameter of the fluorescent lamp tube, which measures 1 inch (8 eighths).
- T8 tubes are better than T12’s because narrower fluorescent bulbs are more energy-efficient.
- The more bulbs that are installed in a commercial building, the more savings are accrued.
- T8’s emit optimal amounts of brightness, which creates a positive workforce environment and higher productivity levels.
- The quality and quantity of light produced by T8 lamps make commercial warehouses safer, thus minimizing the risk of accidents and injuries.
- T8 lighting allows tenants to save on monthly utility bills.
- The temperature of T8 lamps does not get especially high, and the bulbs do not produce UV radiation.
- T8 lights have a long lifespan, consume less energy.
In addition to offering our tenants high-performance energy-efficient T8 lighting, Ruthvens warehouse interior walls are also purposely painted a neutral shade. This provides optimal brightness inside the commercial space that does not counteract with any natural or artificial sources of light.